Director of Operations, Single-Family Rental Lending
Location | New York, NY
NewPoint is seeking an innovative industry veteran to join our team and lead the company’s efforts in developing a premier, non-agency single-family rental (SFR) lending platform. The SFR Lending team is well positioned to leverage off NewPoint’s extensive brokerage network, broad market presence, capital markets connectivity and existing production capabilities. The Director of Operations shall be responsible for all operational aspects of NewPoint’s SFR Lending platform, including IT strategy, risk management, accounting, staffing models, policies and procedures, reporting, and regulatory compliance. The Director of Operations will work closely with executive leadership within NewPoint, including its CEO, Senior Managing Director, Proprietary Products, SFR Lending Program Manager, general counsel, investors, partners and clients.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Effectively develop and implement best-in-class SFR lending processes that ensures the business line runs smoothly in line with company goals.
- Proactively develop solutions to a variety of business challenges, ensuring business operations and processes are continuously evaluated for best practices.
- Evaluate performance of people and products by analyzing and interpreting reports and data – ensure excellence in total performance, particularly in leadership and management roles by clearly communicating expectations.
- Collaborate with all appropriate NewPoint employees and external partners to ensure buy-in and easy adoption of the SFR lending strategy.
- Work with capital partners and ensure that they retain high confidence in the integrity of our program and lending decisions made by NewPoint.
- Support the SFR Lending Program Manager in capital raising activities (e.g., PPM, DDQ, Subscriptions and Side Letters) and in working with internal and external partners by ensuring presentations are produced in a timely manner with complete, professional and accurate information.
- Maintain and negotiate third-party and service provider relationships.
- Oversee firm internal controls and act as the key person to prepare for and execute regulatory audits and routine updates.
- Work with external accounting firm and third-party administrator to execute annual audits.
- Manage relationships, as needed, with clients, partners, vendors, etc.
- Regularly provide CEO and Senior Managing Director, Proprietary Lending with critical updates, reporting meaningful changes, achievements or challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field. MBA or advanced degree in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant real estate finance operational experience.
- Possess the requisite leadership, vision, and interpersonal skills to help motivate the staff and deliver exceptional operational outcomes to meet agreed upon growth objectives.
- Self-starter who is capable of working independently in a fast-paced lending environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with financial institutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to summarize conclusions and make recommendations.
NewPoint Real Estate Capital LLC (and its subsidiaries) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, status regarding public assistance, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, status as unemployed, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
NewPoint Real Estate Capital LLC (and its subsidiaries) also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing a reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability.