Location | Chevy Chase, MD
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support for a full range of business technology, including computer systems (hardware and software), network infrastructure, telecommunications circuits, mobile devices, telephone systems and audio-visual equipment. They must be able to independently assess a reported problem or failure using diagnostic methods and tools, determine the likely cause and take appropriate action to resolve the problem in a timely manner. Often collaborating with other resources (both internal and external), the Support Specialist must understand system interdependencies and avoid unintentional interruption of services during troubleshooting and problem resolution.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Perform routine system troubleshooting/problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Install and configure peripheral hardware devices and application software.
- Configure, support and troubleshoot Microsoft Office applications, as well as third-party add-ons.
- Create and maintain build images for all computer models.
- Perform typical IT support tasks, including connecting end-point devices, troubleshooting LAN and WAN connectivity faults, and configuring wireless access clients.
- Configure corporate email accounts, install and configure software applications, and perform routine troubleshooting and support for mobile devices (iOS and Android).
- Timely document responses and resolutions to all incoming requests through the use of an on-line help desk ticketing system.
- Assist with the development of procedural and knowledge-based documentation.
- Maintain strict compliance with the company’s policies and procedures, with an ongoing focus on improving existing processes and procedures as opportunities arise.
- Work to ensure ongoing compliance with Key Performance Indicators.
- Participate in special projects as requested.
- Two or more years of experience in IT support.
- Undergraduate IT degree or equivalent industry certifications; or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Windows Terminal Services Server sufficient to configure client access and user profile settings.
- Experience with audio-visual technologies necessary to perform basic device configuration, mode selection and component-level troubleshooting.
- Experience working with outside vendors and third-party relations successfully.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems necessary to perform routine administrative (server and client) and end-user support functions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications necessary to install and support users from an operational perspective.
- Knowledge of mainstream cloud services (e.g. Google Apps, Microsoft Office365, Box.com) sufficient to provide end-user support, configure and troubleshoot access controls, and install and configure third-party add-ons.
- Knowledge of mainstream mobile device platforms (iOS, Android).
- Knowledge of commercial telephone systems sufficient to basic station option configuration and troubleshooting.
- Accuracy and detail oriented with a sense of urgency, strong focus on customer service and team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational awareness.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
NewPoint Real Estate Capital LLC (and its subsidiaries) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, status regarding public assistance, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, status as unemployed, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
NewPoint Real Estate Capital LLC (and its subsidiaries) also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing a reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability.