Location | Chevy Chase, MD
This position supports Originators responsible for sourcing Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA/HUD and proprietary market rate and affordable housing transactions.
Duties + Responsibilities
The analyst will assist with:
- Preliminary screening and structuring of Agency, HUD and proprietary lending opportunities.
- Perform market surveys and other preliminary due diligence.
- Review materials provided by borrowers; ensure needed information for preliminary loan analysis is received.
- Model Property cash flows.
- Prepare preliminary loan packages.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of a transaction.
- Determine viable loan executions and financing alternatives for customers.
- Completing forms for pre-application and firm application packages.
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships to ensure a timely and efficient loan submission process.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the underwriting requirements of the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and HUD/FHA products.
- Proactive posture and eager disposition with a keen interest in all things Commercial Real Estate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Real Estate preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience preferred in the financial analysis.
- Experience with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and/or HUD lending preferred.
- Possess computer literacy and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including developing complex financial models), Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment as well as able to work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of managing competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly attentive to detail and accuracy.
NewPoint Real Estate Capital LLC (and its subsidiaries) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, status regarding public assistance, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, status as unemployed, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
NewPoint Real Estate Capital LLC (and its subsidiaries) also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing a reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability.