Location | Plano, TX
The Senior Investor Reporting Accountant works closely with the Manager, Investor Reporting, to ensure accurate and timely monthly reporting to investors (currently Fannie Mae), as well as to Management and Accounting. They help ensure NewPoint Real Estate Capital’s compliance with investor guidelines and servicing agreements. They also work with the Manager, Investor Reporting, to optimize the use of technology and define and implement best practices.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Review servicing agreements and investor guidelines to determine remittance and reporting requirements.
- Perform a variety of reconciliations and service fee calculations to ensure that the appropriate funds are sent to investors.
- Assist the Manager, Investor Reporting, in administering debt service and property protection advances.
- Maintain strict compliance with the company’s policies and procedures, with an ongoing focus on improving processes and procedures as opportunities arise.
- Ensure that all training needs, both technical and interpersonal, are met in a timely manner.
- Participate in the development of, and ongoing compliance with, key performance indicators.
- Lead and participate in servicing projects as requested.
- Knowledge of commercial mortgage servicing, including but not limited to:
- Loan closing and boarding, billing and collections.
- Taxes and insurance/escrow analysis.
- Loan documents and document management.
- Reserve accounts.
- Maturing loans and loan payoffs.
- Monthly investor reporting.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, including excellent math and analytical skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Accuracy oriented with a sense of urgency and a strong focus on customer service.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- BBA in Finance, Real Estate or Accounting preferred, MBA a plus.
- Three to five years of loan servicing experience, predominantly with commercial real estate loan servicing for multiple capital sources/investors, particularly the GSE’s.
- Working knowledge of commercial real estate finance, including a general understanding of most types of loans, property types and real estate lenders.
- MBA CCMS Level I and/or II certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise! (or similar large-scale servicing system).
- Medium to advanced Microsoft Office skills.