Multifamily Market Outlook: How to Adapt and Thrive in a New Era
After a remarkable performance from mid-2021 through mid-2022, the residential rental market hit an inflection point last year. Inflation, higher interest rates, rising cap rates and volatility all contributed to an abrupt slowdown in activity. Yet an increasing degree of market certainty – and potential opportunity – has some participants emerging from the sidelines.
Watch a recording of our recent webinar "Multifamily Market Outlook: How to Adapt and Thrive in a New Era" to hear some of the leading economic authorities in commercial real estate to explore the following, and more:
- What will 2023 hold for vacancy, rent change, absorption and construction trends on a national and regional basis?
- Will a deceleration in multifamily fundamentals provide some relief to a cost-burdened rentership?
- What financing strategies are owners using to strengthen or grow their portfolios?
- What macroeconomic factors will have the greatest influence on the housing market?
- How might recent bank failures impact the commercial real estate sector?
Chief Executive Officer, NewPoint Real Estate Capital
Head of CRE Economics, Moody's Analytics
Vice President - Research + Modeling, Freddie Mac Multifamily
Vice President - Research + Analytics, Mortgage Bankers Association