Location | Plano, TX
The Insurance Analyst works with borrowers and their brokers/agents to ensure that the property and casualty insurance coverage for the properties collateralizing NewPoint loans remains compliant with the requirements of the loan documents. They also has responsibility for NewPoint’s adherence to investor guidelines, servicing contracts and service level agreements. The Insurance Analyst works with the Director, Insurance Risk Management and other members of the insurance team to optimize the use of technology and define and implement best practices.
Duties + Responsibilities
- For new loans, review the insurance section of the loan documents and lender/investor guidelines to determine the insurance requirements for the property/properties serving as collateral for the loans. Review the associated insurance documents to confirm that the documents provide adequate evidence that the insurance is in place and that the insurance coverage is compliant with the requirements.
- For existing loans, review the insurance documents as they are renewed each year to confirm that the documents provide adequate evidence that the insurance is in place and that the insurance coverage is compliant with the requirements.
- Maintains systems, files and information, following company and lender/investor guidelines.
- Work with borrowers and their brokers/agents to reconcile non-compliant coverage within the lender’s/investor’s allotted time frame.
- Ensure that all training requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Maintain compliance with Key Performance Indicators.
- In coordination with the Director, Insurance Risk Management, monitor and understand both lending and insurance industry trends (e.g. outsourcing), legislation and availability.
- Assist servicing team in processing catastrophic insurance claims.
- Participate in servicing and other company projects, as requested.
- BBA or Bachelor’s degree in Insurance, Finance, Real Estate or Accounting preferred; MBA a plus.
- ARM, CPCU, CISR, CIC or related certification completed or in process a plus.
- Two to three years of P&C insurance experience, predominantly involving commercial real estate.
- Experience with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and/or FHA/Ginnie Mae.
- Knowledge and understanding of most aspects of commercial property and casualty insurance tracking and compliance associated with commercial mortgage servicing, including but not limited to:
- Commercial mortgage loan documents.
- P&C insurance documents, including ACORD certificates, binders and policies.
- Typical and specialty P&C insurance programs, coverages, etc.
- Flood and seismic zones.
- Force-placed insurance.
- General knowledge of commercial real estate finance, including an understanding of all types of loans, property types and real estate lenders.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Accuracy oriented with a sense of urgency and strong focus on customer service.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in an environment of uneven/cyclical workloads and tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise! (or similar large scale servicing system).
- Medium to advanced MS Office skills.
NewPoint Real Estate Capital LLC (and its subsidiaries) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, status regarding public assistance, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, status as unemployed, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
NewPoint Real Estate Capital LLC (and its subsidiaries) also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing a reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability.