Location | Plano, TX
The Senior Business Analyst provides analysis services under the direction of the Director, Data + Project Management with an emphasis on supporting new system development and process engineering across all business areas within NewPoint. The Senior Business Analyst will also build, test and document analytical and reporting tools based on data contained within the various NewPoint systems.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Director, Data + Project Management and the business units to improve efficiency and reduce risk through the development and deployment of new tools and technology involving some combination of business analysis, system testing and report development.
- Work closely with the Director, Data + Project Management in the project management of all technical initiatives within NewPoint.
- Review assigned business processes, identifying and addressing areas for improvement, documenting requirements in the form of flow charts and user stories, and participating in the testing of new system functions associated with the iterative development of these systems.
- Develop proof-of-concept (POC) tools to explore and demonstrate their capabilities.
- Coordinate with the development team and user groups for testing to ensure that any new system features work properly, to diagnose issues and to ensure that data is reliable and valid.
- Design and execute test cases, and help coordinate the management of issues identified.
- Works closely with all sources of data used for reporting and analysis, including both the pipeline management system and the servicing system to develop and implement various reporting and analytical solutions to meet the needs of the business areas.
- Elicit and clearly document business and systems requirements.
- Assess business process and system inefficiencies.
- Analyze and synthesize business requirements including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes.
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements and provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process.
- Assist with testing and implementation as needed.
- Assist with deployment of enhancements, new reporting and new process documentation.
- Meet with project team regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines.
- Support system conversions, upgrades and enhancements.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics or a related field preferred.
- Experience with the multifamily agency lending programs (Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae or HUD/FHA) strongly preferred.
- Experience with Enterprise! Loan Management System (ELMS) software platform strongly preferred.
- Experience/familiarity with commercial real estate finance or related industries strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills and communication skills.
- Data analysis skills; must have some proficiency with building queries against Microsoft Dynamics or Power Apps and proficiency in the construction of Power BI Reports and Dashboards.
- Programming experience in SQL, VBA or similar strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Vizio, MS Project, Word, PowerPoint
NewPoint Real Estate Capital LLC (and its subsidiaries) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, status regarding public assistance, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, status as unemployed, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
NewPoint Real Estate Capital LLC (and its subsidiaries) also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing a reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability.